- If you’re living for the weekend without enjoying the weekdays and expecting to find a treasure in each day, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If your joy is only based on your personal circumstances, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If your attitude has become so negative that you hardly recognize yourself, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If you’re constantly blaming and pointing the finger without ever examining your own heart, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If you’re constantly berating others in order to improve your own self image, then it’s time to check you’re outlook.
- If there’s someone that you’re angry at that you choose not to forgive, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If joyous or peaceful people make you upset, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If you can’t find one thing to be thankful for every single day, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If your life is only about you and your household, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If you are too inward focused and self conscious, then it’s time to check your outlook.
- If you have allowed your belief system to alter based only on circumstantial evidence, then it’s time to change your outlook.
Do One Thing Everyday that Brings You Closer to Where You Want to Be…
If you’re anything like me and you have a to-do list that’s a mile long, then sometimes the agenda of daily tasks can seem daunting. We strive to do so many things with the goal of maintaining a balanced life but at the end of the day, we’re so burnt out that we actually don’t really live the type of intentional life that we desire.
Although there is an extreme satisfaction of being able to check items off a list, what if we pushed ourselves to do the one thing that actually brings us closer to our dream or where we want to be? This may be the one thing that you put off until the weekends or evenings or even retirement, but what if you dare to believe that right now, is the time to incorporate the one thing into your daily life.
How to Refocus on the One Thing?
Sacrifice. Many of the best things in life require some degree of sacrifice. Although it is not a warmly embraced word, it’s the truth. While the one thing looks a bit differently for all of us but the common ground is that it requires some form of sacrifice. The sacrifice could be one hour less of sleep, or saying no to the office birthday cake, or not straying from your faith.
Determination. It means that when the going gets tough, you stick with it and don’t give up. In order to pursue the one thing, it’s going to take a great measure of determination. The only way to build more determination is through being found faithful in taking daily steps to not give up no matter if it seems like a success or failure. With each fail, you’re one step closer to success.
Setting Your Mind. It’s not your lack of ability that is standing in your way, it’s your mindset. Check your thoughts, on average are you thinking positive or negative thoughts? Do you see your failures as stepping stones or road blocks? Don’t let negative thoughts hinder or prevent you from doing the one thing today.
Choosing. We make lots of little choices everyday, but the truth of the matter is that all of these little choices are what makes up our lives. We don’t just suddenly get “happy,” but we choose to rejoice even when we’re hard pressed in difficulty trusting that there is something good coming out of it even if “the good” is just the fact that you’re getting stronger.
Don’t leave the one thing on the wayside of your life. Choose today, to not wait until tomorrow but to bring the one thing back into your life and start working on what matters.