A beautiful rainbow colored world glistening with an array of colorful candies from floor to ceiling, tantalizing your tastebuds and fulfilling your childhood fantasies. Everywhere you look you’ll find something sweet and delicious calling your name.
No, I wasn’t wearing rose tinted glasses, I was entering the Hairibo store in Bonn, Germany, also known by me as Haribo Heaven.
Nestled along the cobblestone streets of Bonn, Germany there are many lovely sites to see. A myriad of historic and modern sites, the city offers the perfect blend of contemporary cultural pursuits and amongst them is the Haribo store.
Well worth the visit it’s chock full of just about every Hairdo candy creation you can imagine. You can buy the candy by the roll, container, canister or bag full. In the front of the store, you’ll find the latest creations and a wall of the classic Hairbo delights along with a few German only Hairdo souvenirs.
In the middle of the store you’ll find Haribo tins and canisters for filling and gift giving. As you walk towards the back of the store, there are a plethora of plastic canisters full of candies that you can purchase by the kilo to create your own special blend.
Before you go, don’t forget to head upstairs where you’ll find t-shirts, keychains, mugs and more! Of course, don’t be shy and say hello to the life-size Haribo yellow bear. You can snap a selfie with him to always remember and share this special visit.
Top 5 Reasons to Visit the Haribo Store in Bonn:
- Find great and affordable Souvenirs (starting just below 1 Euro)
- It’s a Historic Site: the creator of Haribo is from Bonn, Germany
- Pick up a few Sweet Treats: with all the walking you’ll do around Bonn, it’s nice to have a sweet treat to keep your energy up.
- Escape to child-like wonder with treats from your childhood.
- It’s a candy store (enough said, this is self explanatory).