The story of why you need to add a hot air balloon to your bucket list and why Cappadocia is the best location.
The sky is your home, the clouds are your neighbors, the sun is your light and the stars your guide. The uncharted territory unknown will widen your eyes.
Wonder, filled with eyes of wonder. Floating gently across the barely dawning sky like a cloud we sail. Like a sailboat for the sky we reach heights unknown and breathe a crisp autumn fresh air from 970 meters above the ground.
Beneath us are the caves, valleys, prehistoric looking craters and rock formations of Cappadocia.
We have the view of the eagles as we soar higher and then drift across the sky looking down into the Creator’s beautiful creation.
The sun barely rising it peaks up beyond the clouds and greets us with the glow of morning. It’s rays create a celestial glow across a landscape left mostly untouched by man.
If you’ve ever thought about taking a hot air balloon ride, here’s 5 reasons why you should add it to your bucket list and actually do it.
- You Feel Small in a Magnificent Way: We as people were made to know and seek the feeling of being small and see great wonders of creation. What a sweet embrace to feel so small and know how great God is. Creating all we see and holding it all together.
- I Was Made for This: we were not made for just the ordinary but to experience the extraordinary. A hot air balloon ride is extraordinary not just for the experience itself but to change your perspective.
- Surrounded by People in Awe: it’s a contagious feeling to be around people that see the world with awe and wonder. The people that live the exact same life as you but seem to enjoy it more. That seem to prosper and thrive more. What these people have is the right perspective. Every once in a while it’s good to check your perspective. How are you seeing this day? How are you seeing your opportunities? Do we see them with eyes of entitlement or with eyes of gratitude and wonder?
- A Slow Embrace: we rush through life in so many ways that when we look back we think. “where did the time go?” Taking a hot air balloon reminds you to slow down and take it all in. You don’t have to know it all, understand it all or do everything. Every once in a while we must slow down, stop and take in all of our surroundings. There’s beauty in all of it if we just change the angle we look at it and the lens in which we see it.
- Once in a Lifetime: it’s an experience unlike any other. Breathtaking and beautiful all at the same time. An hour spent floating hundreds of meters across the sky as the sun rises you can reflect, appreciate and embrace all that is around you and see the world beneath you in a whole new way.
Meaning “the land of horses” Cappadocia has even more to offer than beautiful horses. It’s a land of untouched beauty and one of the oldest historic places to visit in the world. With rock formations and caves formed by volcanic ash centuries ago it will make your jaw drop and widen your eyes like never before.